Medical eye service. At Oldfields Opticians we understand that personal eye care is a source of anxiety for many. That’s why we operate the eCare Medical Eye Service: an affordable, medical eye care programme that puts you back in control of caring for your visual health. Thousands of people across the country trust the expertise and technology within the eCare plan, including the NHS, to maintain both their clarity of sight and peace of mind.
- Fast access to a medical eye care programme local to you.
- Reassuring, professional service at an affordable price.
- Simple and convenient ways to pay, spreading the costs monthly.
- Regular preventative and condition management medical eye health checks to the highest level of clinical governance.
- Preventative and management focused eye care.
- Access to a named consultant ophthalmologist to oversee your personal eye care.
- The freedom to manage your eye health away from a hospital setting.
- Continual access to the latest innovations and technology in eye health.
- The ability to establish a regular routine of medical eye health checks, enabling early intervention if the need arises and detection of other wider health related issues.
Becoming an eCare plan member is a simple process, maintained on an ongoing basis by affordable fixed monthly or annual payments. These payments cover your visual health assessments, diagnosis and management. The only additional potential payments are for medication if prescribed by our ophthalmology unit. Spectacles and contact lenses are not included within the plan price and, where required, would need to be purchased separately.
eCare Management Plans
Becoming an eCare plan member is a simple process, maintained on an ongoing basis by affordable fixed monthly or annual payment.
These payments cover your visual health assessments, diagnosis and
eCare Essentials Plan £14.99 per month
This plan is designed for those who require less frequent follow-up appointments, such as Dry AMD monitoring or Dry Eye Management.
eCare Enhanced Plan £24.99 per month
This medical eye service plan is designed for those who require more frequent follow-up appointments, such as Primary Open Angle Glaucoma, Ocular Hypertension, higher risk cases of post treatment AMD.
eCare ‘See and Treat’
Primary Assessment Pathway £185.00
This is suitable for new referrals for diagnosis and any initial non-surgical treatment as a ’see and treat’ service.
Follow-up Appointments £145.00
For additional appointments, outside of a specified care pathway or management plan.
Dry, Watery & Red Eye Pathway £225.00
This is suitable for chronic dry/watery/red eye patients who require diagnosis of the cause, including an ongoing management plan.