We would like to stretch the abilities of the Optometrist and stretch the profession of Optometry by providing services that are more specialised and not available from your average high street opticians.
In this regard, we are able to offer a tear-film clinic in which we can help you treat dry eyes, watery eyes and blepharitis. I see these conditions on a regular basis when working at the hospital.
We also offer a unique new therapy for the prevention & treatment of Diabetic retinopathy. This therapy has the potential to radically change treatment landscape for diabetic eye disease as current treatments are invasive and cause damage to the retina.
If your thinking about laser eye surgery, rest assured we don’t shy away from the latest advances in laser vision correction and can advise you on the procedures available including your suitability.
We don’t mind you feeling the need to be glasses free and stress the importance of regular eye checks on the basis of eye health rather than the need to buy new glasses.
Yes, we can provide contact lenses like every other Opticians but due to our hunger for the latest advances in contact lens technology we can provide you with lens materials that are fantastic for those with dry eyes.
Staff at Oldfields Opticians
Principal Optometrist: Salman Siddiqui. Qualified in 2003
- Cataract service at Moorfields Eye Hospital, St Georges Hospital , Tooting, London
- Surgery support at Optical Express, Westfield, London
- Principtal Optometrist at Oldfields Opticians
- Urgent care clinic at Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London
- Paediatric refraction clinics at Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London
- Paediatric refraction clinics at Moorfields Eye Hospital, Ealing Hospital, Greater London
- Adult refraction clinics at Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London
- Cataract service at Moorfields Eye Hospital, Queen Mary’s Hospital, Roehampton, London
SpaMedica: Cataract surgery post operative care
Community eyecare: Cataract surgery post operative care
Polyphotonix: Noctura400 therapy delivery